Sunday 27 September 2015

Development

Developing my Idea
My original idea for the this project was going to be a performance piece where the video was projected over either myself or a performer and then interact with the video that is projected on to them. 

However I realised that I, myself, do not want to perform in front of people even if I wish to express myself in that way, I also would find myself struggling to choreograph someone else so I decided to change to film and have a silhouette act the performance instead. But having this project just be a film for people to watch, I felt that it wouldn't be that affective and would rather have it interactive.

I then came up with the idea to put the audience into the performance themselves, as it makes them experience it in a deeper way. Having a marker for the person to stand and have the projection shine from behind and they see their silhouette in front of them, they then become one with the art and have a deeper connection to it. That's how I want people to see it.

I also wasn't sure how to create the animals for the project, of course they can't be real so I'd have to create them from scratch. However my knowledge of creating something in 3D in a programme like Maya is modiocor but getting then making the models animated, thats where I'd begin to really stuggle. 

So I thought if I drew the animals in 2D and animate them in that format, to me sounded a lot easier in my head. And to help on the animating I would add a zooprixscope effect so I could draw less frames... but wait, I'd have to animate, in 2D. I needed to re-think this.

I then went back to my original idea, instead I am going to draw concepts for the animals, still not sure how many I'll be doing, and then give those too rob so he can model them in Maya as he wishes to advance his skills, the same with animating them. 

I have flipped flopped around again, bringing back the idea to 2D animate all the animals as in photoshop or flash. Again in this zoopraxiscope style. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Issues:
The issues that will eccur throughout this project are ones that I can't really avoid unless I stop doing the project altogether. 
The first issue is getting a hold of how to show the video, as I want the audience to interact with it, see Final Layout, and the way I have it may mean that the audience will stand in the way of most of the video. 
I also have the issue of getting the animals modelled and animated in the time needed and how well it we look, luckily I have some help so not all hope is lost. I thought this would be an issue however I'm not modeling them in Maya anymore, using 2D animation will simplify the work load as I'll be using tools I already know, however I will be doing full on animating which is a new world for me.

These things can be sorted out, eventually, however at the moment I am struggling to figure things out, after some tutorials with my tutor we should iron out all the creases.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Relating:
I have been told that having a link between this project and my disseration subject would be a great bonus. After thinking about it I thought I didn't have a connection however I do. In my dissertation I am writing about animals in film and more specifically how they are represented and treated in movies. In my movie I wish to portray animals in respectable way, portraying their true behaviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment