Thursday 12 November 2015

Sound Piece

For my multiple sound pieces, I want them to be all be talking and whispering at a dulled level so that, when you enter a the room it's all gumbled words and you can't make out what it's saying, until you get up close to each one of the sculptures only then will you be able to determine what each sculpture is saying. Maybe even have some emotions, the more urgent/servere ones, have even more layered speaking so it becomes over whelming like the emotions themselves (very powerful and demanding). Maybe some timed moments that in crease volume of one sculpture bring attention to a specific line of dialogue.

I then looked to the internet to see if I could find any Sound art that would inspire my idea further and help get my idea across. 


I really like this piece because of the use of lights and sound, in this the sound is very clear where as mine will be a lot quieter. Also my lights won't move but it will hopefully light up the room giving it a colourful atmosphere. 


Background noise examples (ambient noise):

These are some examples of sounds I would like to use replicate quietly in the background of sound piece just to give the room a general atmosphere (pleasant on the outside, ominous on the inside). 






Speaking/whispering examples:

Here are some examples of what I would like the whispering and talking to sort of sound like when entering the room as well as when you approach each sculpture. 









Using an EEG to read her brain waves she then programmed the live brain waves to great sound through speakers, which each had a plate of water on top, of which vibrated when the speaker beneath it started producing sound. I enjoy this piece due to how in the moment the piece is. You have to be there to see what happens and what effects the brain. It's also a clever combination of elements to show such a reaction instead of graphs or numbers. 






No comments:

Post a Comment