Friday 13 November 2015

Sculpting

For making the sculptures I'll be using different materials such as I will be using thick, study flexible wire instead of using chicken wire, as my sculptures will be more right angled and will need straight edges, this also means that the sculptures will not have a weird wire texture to them. Then I will need wire cutters which I already have for cutting the wiring to the right sizes. I found a wire sculptutor and emailed her for some advice on what wire I should use. I have tried to research what wire to use but no one has has documented on what wire they have used. I have thought about Floristry wire but I would need to see the gauge sizes before buying so the wire isn't too thick or too thin.



Of course after that I will be needing a white matt paint to put over the to cover over the newspaper so I can then go over with another matt colour, however I'm not sure about the matt colour and how to get the colour that I want as tin paint is very expensive and the sample size will not be enough to cover each sculpture I am going to look into the possible route of using food colouring in white paint to create to create the desired colour. After looking to see how to colour the white matt paint that I use for painting sculptures it says not to use food colouring as it doesn't mix as well as you think it would, the best option is too buy dark acrylic paints and mix it in to the white.

Acrylic Paint

Gesso White paint

Then for the stocks themselves I will be needing seven little LED lights to place inside the sculptures and seven speakers that I'll be able to play the sound pieces with the LED lights all be battery-powered and hopefully not could not connected to an external plug and the same with the speakers I have found some very simple LED lights on Amazon, possibly pulsating ones, but I am struggling to find them and some decent battery powered speakers.

Battery Powered speakers

LED Lights

What I need to get for making the sculptures:
- Study/flexible wire
- Wire cutters
- Newspaper
- PVA glue
- Paint brushes
- Gesso White paint
- Matt Coloured Paint
For final presentation:
- 7 LED lights
- 7 Speakers

Estimated budget = £131.21


More Updated Budget


No comments:

Post a Comment