Friday 13 November 2015

Installation Layout

For my installation I will be needing a large room so I am able to place each sculpture inside room with enough distance, so when you stand close to each sculpture you can clearly hear what the speaker is saying with out the others interrupting or distorting it sound piece. Each sculpture will be around knee-high, so possible 30 to 35 inches and around 40 inches long and of course the lights will be turned off so each LED light in each sculpture will be visible. Preferably I would like the LED lights to pulsate, however I don't think that will be possible. The layout the sculptures will not be planned as I would like to lay some around the room at random, not in a line circle or square.


After a disccussion about the grad show and all the rooms that are availlable and all the projects that will be happening in those rooms, I will not be able to fit all of my sculptures in one room without disturbing other peoples work. My tutor gave the idea to dot the sculptures around the route of our grad show so it leads people from room to room also if done right it could give the imagine they are travelling with the audience or following them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment