Monday 24 November 2014

Poster Creating

To start off my poster, I looked at a load of different styled poster through Google for a bit of inspiration. Looking through my artist studies again to see if it would trigger anything. I looked into map like posters, finding some really good posters that I wanted to do, however with the time limit I had I wasn't able to make them in time. I also had to factor in that I needed to make these posters simple and eye catching with out being tacky and cliche.
An image I found that interested me and also gave me the idea for the finished product.

I also tried looking for a simple, eye catching logo for it. I found a nice website, called Text Giraffe, which give you ready made logos to choose from and you can edit what it says.

These are the main themes of posters I looked at using key words from our project.

1. Winter
I tried looking into winter themes as it's near Christmas, however I the poster in which I started to make didn't look right for what we were trying to advertise. After seeing some simple posters with a winter theme I tried to make one.


I used some colour palettes to help with the general colour scheme.
After looking at colour schemes I search for a logo that could fit in colour wise and theme wise.

2. Film 
I tried to look into film posters as it relates to our course, and came with some interesting results. Some inspiration from Alfred Hitchcock and his famous yet simple posters. A lot of red and yellows, silhouettes and almost cryptic text to pull people in. 



3. Maps 

Seeing this image I liked, I wanted to use this style in the posters, yet came across a problem when Farnham doesn't have an underground train system or a complex looking railway line. So instead I kept looking round for these sorts of posters to see if I could find a way to recreate Farnham in this new fashion.
I then came across this artist, who I believe is called Jazzberry Blue (real or stage name i'm not sure), who's work was just what I needed to help with this project.

  
5. urban 
To add an urban spin to this work I looked up some urban posters which gave some very varied results. Sadly the posters that I wanted to create were not only too complex for the time I had but I also needed knowledge of Illustrator which I don't have, yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment