Monday 17 February 2014

Pre-pitch development 2!


I developed my idea in my pre-pitch and we developed and pretty much changed the idea completely. 
We are taking home footage and photos of my family. The idea is to search through them and find interesting, possibly funny, warming footage of my family. Clipping them together to make it ideal length for the task.

 Then my plan is too go and gather my family members in a room and get them to tell me about the specific memories I have picked without letting them see or be reminded. Of course a microphone is needed for recording them and a lot of sound editing to get rid of all the thinking time.

There maybe some technical issues with the amount of people in one room and getting VHS tape footage into a digital, editable format.

The message behind this one is that video footage, over time, will become distorted a lot like our memories. With family input the memories can be rebuilt from scratch, even if it is a bit choppy.

1 comment:

  1. How would this work as a group film? Is there a way the structure could evolve to the families of others in the group? Or do the rest of the group have to invest in this very personal idea? How would you involve your peers? Or could this idea by worked as your individual work for the photography project if it doesn't get chosen for a film production?

    ReplyDelete