Monday 24 February 2014

Photography Ideas!


Remembering Places
Going back to places or landscapes that I remember from my childhood, yet are too fuzzy to really remember every little detail.
Have the photos blurred too to recreate my memory failing to capture everything.

Burning photographs
burn peoples faces of things out of the photograph
capture the decay of memory, physically and mentally
Faded memories/shattered memories: burnt photos

Putting myself into child hood photos
I say myself when I can use other family members to give the series variety
Gather some old pictures, either with one person or multiple already in it, then place the same people in that photo but their present day selves.

Film me making a collage out of my old school pieces  <- different peoples(friends) school work being made into collages (look into collages of previous works or photographs)
then photography it

Recreate old childhood photographs
just something funny to do.

1 comment:

  1. This is the last comment I can find with a Reflections tag so not sure if anything since relates. There is a lot of research on your blog but navigation is a bit tricky. Lots of ideas here but I'm not entirely sure which one you decided to develop. I have been advising everyone to move on from 'the self' and take a more universal approach to the themes of the brief. I c&p some suggestions from the project brief below:

    This could be through its relationship to the archive – the images, films, objects, documents and traces through which we recall and revisit individual and shared memories and histories. You could also consider or imagine possible futures and how these may link to the present and the past. For example you could choose to examine life cycles: replenishment or regeneration, the old constantly being replaced by the new, or even the young usurping the old. From seed to harvest, a cake baked and eaten, the repurposing of old things into new, the passing of genes to new generations and so on. The possibilities are endless.

    I can't find any documentation of the film shoot on the blog. So look forward to update tomorrow in tutorials. But please try to make two or three posts each week so r&d will be readily available for assessment.

    ReplyDelete