Wednesday 23 April 2014

Distorting and Evaluation!


For my work I need to damage the film in a way that it certain parts are preserved and still viewable. My original idea was to have a bucket full of dirty water and then sit my photos into it for a few days. So just to make sure that it would work I tested it on an unwanted photo.  




However after a few days of sitting in the water, nothing really happened to the photo apart from a few scratches from the stones and mud.


So I thinking quickly I thought bleach my affect the film so again I tested it out and tried to moderate it for when I do the final images.



With a few mistakes I managed to wash the bleach down with enough water to take the first few layers off the film, giving the image a washed/faded effect to it. In the image below I dabbed the wet image with a towel but I didn't like the look of that.


Finally I did it to my final images and used different techniques with the bleach, such as using a sponge to tab the bleach across it. 


I really enjoyed doing this as it's something different compared to what I'd originally do with this photography project. However I wished the water damage would have worked as it would have given it a more washed memory feel to the images where as the bleach seems very self damaged and done on purpose. Though it has given me the right look, I hope that with a small piece of text it'll be easily picked up that the images represent old faded memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment