Wednesday 3 December 2014

Poster Update

After printing off a tester for the poster it came out that the text on the back was upside down compared to the image on the other side. Also the fact that A4 paper seemed way too big size wise, specially if we were going for leaflet like posters to be placed in the SU. 
We settled for A5 as it's a suitable size to work with as it would save paper by having 2 posters on one sheet.




I printed these at home however the paper I used not of good quality, so I waited to do it in the library. Yet due to personal reasons I wasn't able to print out the posters till Monday 8th. Which sadly didn't go as planned either. 

Once I got into the library I had a few problems with printing it through a laptop, so after that kerfuffle I moved to a PC and tried again. YAY, it finally worked, but this it was the posters themselves that were the issue.   

On the back where the basic information is put had some errors on it due to the fact I print screened from the original .pages file. So after ridding the posters of errors I could finally print these off, and get them around uni.



But because the hassle with the posters took longer then I hoped we barely managed to get the posters into the SU in time for lunch. In which case we stuck some on notice boards throughout the uni and used the ones we had left on the student village. We weren't able to cover much as the cost of the printing was quite high for a small amount, however we managed to print off 40 posters in total.
Surprisingly this hasn't put me off making posters in the future, it just means I know what to look out for and what not to do again. Also PDF's are a bitch.





No comments:

Post a Comment