Monday 24 November 2014

My Poster Attempts 1 and 2

Attempt 1

Starting off with some winter inspiration I looked for sample colour palettes to help narrow down what I could use on the poster and keep it so the colours didn't clash.



Now I had the colours I could look for a logo with the same palette to put on the poster, using the website Text Giraffe I found a few logos that could be used. 



Using them all in different layers on Photoshop I judged how each of them looked against the back ground of this poster. 

However, the background was proving more trouble then I hoped, seeing as I didn't have Illustrator, I had to improvise with my knowledge of Photoshop to create what I had in mind. About halfway through I got a bit stuck, not with how to make the design, but more with how the design looked. 


After showing it to another group member for an opinion we both discussed that it wasn't the right design we were looking for, so I scrapped that idea and tried another.


Attempt 2

Aiming for the theme to be based more around Farnham, I looked up photos of Farnham to see what I could use, as this attempt was going to try and silhouette a part of Farnham, again Illustrator style. 
The only problem being that a lot of the photos I found were landscape rather portrait which is what I was working.







I tried to work with a couple of them, however some didn't look right in the portrait format so I gave up on those. The ones that didn't look too bad I tried to silhouette to see what sort of effect it had.


Yet, with each image I couldn't silhouette much of it's content leaving very little to look at, also that made it difficult to make out what is in the image and where it's located.









No comments:

Post a Comment